This is where I gather useful links for future referencing.
- Jonathan Harris
- John Maeda: Laws of simplicity.
- Martin Belam
- Trent Walton: Founder & 1/3 of http://paravelinc.com
- Ian Betteridge
Development & Design
- Tenxer: Charts & various services.
- Telescope: An open-source social news app built with Meteor.
- YUI: Yahoo User Interface Library.
- jQuery frontier Calendar.
- Subtle Patterns
- SASS: is CSS abbreviation framework.
- Bourbon: A simple and lightweight mixin library for Sass.
- jsPDF: An HTML5 client-side solution for generating PDFs.
- JS Hint: tool to detect errors and potential problems.
- CSS3 Generator: CSS code & competibility.
- ColorHexa: Color encyclopedia, Information and conversion.
- Dropzone.js: is an open source library that provides drag’n’drop file uploads with image previews
- Global light pollution: Amazing Google Maps mashup displaying global light pollution.
- Mapbox: Design maps in the cloud, publish in minutes.
- Tiny: Tiny wysiwyg rich text editor for Bootstrap.
- Twitter RSS: Converts twitter feeds to RSS.
- AlloyUI: AlloyUI is a framework built on top of YUI3 that provides a simple API for building high scalable applications.
- Bootstrap Magic: Fool-proof bootstrap theme creation.
- Unheap: A tidy repository of jQuery plugins.
- Socialist: is a social feed plugin that combines multiple social media feeds in one place.
- Two.js: is a two-dimensional drawing api geared towards modern web browsers.
- Scriptaculous >> Slider: A slider control which can be used to select a single or multiple values from a given range, or even set of values.
- Stringer: Self-hosted RSS reader.
- Creative Link Effects: Subtle and modern effects for links or menu items
- Swift Cheat Sheet: A short guide to using Apple’s new programming language.
- Json Resume
Referencing & Tutorials
- Google Webmaster Guidelines: a particular topic.
- UserScripts to observe other people’s code.
- Interactive guide to typography.
- An Advanced Guide to HTML & CSS
- This Is Responsive: Patterns, resources and news for creating responsive web experiences.
- A Practical Guide to HTML & CSS
- Instagram Documentation
- Kimono: Turn websites into structured APIs from your browser in seconds
- Sidebar: The 5 best design links, every day.
- LooksLikeGoodDesign: “Fucking high quality inspiration.”
- Illustrator: Michal Dziekan
- The Noun Project: Icons resource.
- FFF Form follows function: HTML5 gallery.
- Any Old Icon
Colours I like.
- Courier Prime: It is Courier, just better.
News & Opinion
- Announcing the Bitly Social Data APIs
- Do not Use Automatic Image Sliders or Carousels, Ignore the Fad
- Why a maturing Apple freaks us out, and why it shouldn ’92t
- Nielsen Family Is Dead
- IBM Think: “An exploration into making the world work better”
- Michael Wolf: Architecture of Density
- Ford: If only they could eliminate the pop-up at the landing page.
Social Network Analysis
- Sentiment140: Does what it says.
- MentionMap: Maps out your twitter connections, mentions.
- Practical Sentiment Analysis and Lies
- Qualaroo: Live customer survey system.
- CrazyEgg: Heat map of user journey on a website.
- NetMarketShare: Market Share Statistics for Internet Technologies.
- Campalyst: Social Media Analytics dashboard.
- Gephi: Social Network Analysis.
- School of Data: School of Data works to empower civil society organizations, journalists and citizens with the skills they need to use data effectively – evidence is power!
- A Practical Intro to Data Science
- Chart and image gallery: 30+ free tools for data visualisation and analysis
- D3 – Data-Driven Documents
- Frontrow Fashion Week
- Maplist: a wizard for creating and managing customized Google maps of address lists.
- 30 Simple Tools For Data Visualization
Referencing & Tutorials
- Paul Murphy Games: List of significant games
- Paul Morphy vs Duke Karl / Count Isouard
- Murphy vs. Camaratta Frank
- Paul Morphy vs Alonzo Morphy
Wilhelm Steintz (Wikipedia)
- Adolf Anderssen: Attack, always attack. (List of games & stats).
- From The Basement
- Nuclear Map: Shows various degrees of potential damage of bombing on a map.
- A crossword based on the Adobe password leak.
Books to read
- Gravity’s Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon
- The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene
- The Design of Everyday Things by Donald Norman
- Universal Principles of Design by William Lidwell
- I Used to Be a Design Student: 50 Graphic Designers Then and Now by Bill Kiosoglou & Philippin Frank.
- Thinking with Type by Ellen Lupton.
- Practical Typography.
- Required Reading for Product Designers* The Innovator’s Dilemma
- Bamboo Stylus duo
- Bowers & WilkinsP5
- Power AMOGA Pro
- Raspberry π: The Raspberry Pi is a credit-card sized computer that plugs into your TV and a keyboard.
Some ideas for use.
- Raspberry Pi as a WiFi access point that blocks ads by default
- Coder: Coder is a free piece of software that turns a Raspberry Pi into a super simple platform that educators and parents can use to teach the basics of building for the web.